Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thinking Machine

Think: To form or have in the mind; conceive; as, I am thinking black thoughts.

Today I am going to indulge my craving for isolation. It is a scratch that must be itched. I am going to steal away by myself and think. I'm quite the thinker. I'm quite good at it. My thoughts are clear and sharp and correct. I have practiced this ancient art for years and years. I can't really come up with any relevant instances where my thinking has not been sound.

I don't need the counsel of others. People are annoying. People are the worst. All too often they try to convince me that some of my thoughts are not so good. They poke holes in my conclusions. They draw analogies between my thinking and the thinking of insane people. I have never liked it when someone calls me insane. It hurts my self-esteem.

Maybe I'll do some reading this morning. I hear there's a good chapter in the Big Book called "Into Thinking."

No comments: