Thursday, June 12, 2008

Advice about Advice

Advice: opinion given as to what to do or how to handle a situation.

Today I will take advice from no man, woman, or beast of the forest. I will consider advice from domesticated barnyard animals under extreme emotional distress, but not just from any creature with cloven hooves. I will not listen to others. I will not reach out when I have a problem. I simply need to do some thinking, alone, all by myself, and everything will work out well.

Advice is for chumps. Counsel is for the weak. Mining the experience, strength, and hope of wiser souls who have gone before me will benefit me not at all. Who knows better than me? Who is wiser than I am? People, I implore you! I will shout my answer to the Heavens: No one! No one is wiser than me!


I’m fine on my own. My thinking is crystal clear. It is objective and insightful and error free. I have years of good, successful living to back up this contention. Things will work out for the best as long as I follow my own advice.

Alone and thinking spells trouble.

No comments: