Monday, June 2, 2008

Ouch

Pain: The sensations one feels when hurt, mentally or physically, especially distress, suffering, great anxiety, anguish, grief, etc,: opposed to pleasure.

That is one lousy definition. I mean, that is a really very bad set of sensations. I don't want to have to experience any of that stuff. I am going to try to organize the rest of my life so that I can avoid anything remotely associated with pain. I don't see the point of physical or mental discomfort. It may be OK for you. You may gain some benefit from suffering. You may learn by overcoming adversity but it just isn't going to work for me.

I believe that I can manage well if I am fed a straight diet of pleasure. I promise that I will not overdue it. I promise that I will learn some of life's lessons that are normally learned by living through difficult times. The problem with pain is that it doesn't feel very good. And I'm all about the feeling good.

No comments: