Thursday, June 19, 2008

Against All Odds

Today I will try to keep my head out of my ass. This is not as easy as it sounds, despite all of the yoga and stretching that I have to do to contort my body into this seemingly impossible physical position. I will try not to be such a dumb ass. I will strive to act in a non-dumb ass manner as often as I can. Since I have a natural tendency to do and say things that are usually reserved for individuals of the dumb ass persuasion, this will take all of the mental strength that I can muster.

There is a lot of beauty in the world around us. Nature is an amazing thing. People that can paint or sing or play music are quite nice. Poetry is unbelievable. Try reading some poetry some time. God -- who is definitely not a dumb ass -- expresses him/her self through the physical world and through the acts of spiritual people. Turn off the TV. The TV is a breeder of dumb asses and not the pinnacle of spiritual expression. I don't feel closer to God after watching TV.

I read a poem this morning by John Keats so I'm feeling pretty full of myself.

No comments: