Monday, June 23, 2008

Present: Existing or happening now; in process.

Today I will try to live in the present. I will fail a lot of the time if my past performance is any indicator of future events. It is a profoundly difficult thing for me to do. I'm always trying to peak around the corner to see what's coming next. I'm trying to position myself so that things work out the way that I want them to work out. It can be frustrating to let the future unwind naturally and of its own accord. I'm frantically trying to keep things moving along quickly and with great force.

I waste a lot of time ignoring the here and now. I brush aside all of the wonderful things in my life as I try to manipulate what has not yet occurred. It may never occur. And when it does occur according to my specifications, half of the time it doesn't work out the way I had anticipated, at which point I'm forced to start to work on the future again. It's a real hamster cage. It's a real treadmill.

No comments: