Saturday, March 14, 2009

Serenity Steve? Serenity Steve!

Serenity: The quality or state of being serene; calmness; tranquility; repose.


It's odd for my monkey mind to contemplate serenity. I have been in the blogosphere for about 15 months and this is the first time that I have looked up the definition. This doesn't surprise me in the least. The idea of serenity doesn't full up too much of my internal memory. I never considered naming my world famous rock band Horseface Steve and The Serenity Five. I was drawn to names like Screaming Insanity or The Four Horsemen of the Insane Apocalypse. And the fact that I never even picked up an instrument didn't stop me from coming up with band names that had nothing to do with serenity

During my Quiet Time this morning I interrupted a pleasant reverie about how to grind my enemies to dust beneath my leather jackboot or spend the millions of dollars that I'm going to win in the lottery that I have never bought a ticket for and tried to actually feel serenity. It's really quite pleasant. It's an absence of turmoil. I know, I know, we all love the turmoil. We love getting all riled up and then trying to drag everyone down into the chaos with us.

Stop doing that.

No comments: