Tuesday, March 17, 2009

D-Oh!

I'm not feeling too well today and work was a huge pain in the ass. Doesn't that sound like the opening line of one of the great novels of Tolstoy or Earnest Hemingway? My patience begins to fail me whenever I get a cold, and I have the patience of a gnat on LSD when I'm well. I feel like I've failed somehow when I'm ill. I get depressed and anxious. Maybe I think I'm dying. Maybe I think that if I was doing it right that I could fight off all of the bad microbes. It's my duty to not get sick.

So naturally today I find myself in several really annoying situations at work. I'm not sure if they were really that bad or if I wasn't in the mood to be annoyed. Probably a little of both. I have to be careful when I'm tired, sick, and irritated. I'm a loose cannon when I'm running on all cylinders. I know better than to send any emails or make any phone calls. It doesn't work out very well.

I sent off some emails. I bet it doesn't work out very well.

No comments: