Thursday, December 6, 2012

Those Kooky Sponsors

I have an Old City sponsor - I've had him as a sponsor for most of my 25 years - and a New City sponsor.  One is a retired judge, conservative and religious and totally conventional  in all aspects of his life and the other is an old hippie - a real California, 60s hippie - who lived in communes and is a passionate atheist.  One has never lived more than 5 miles from where he was born and the other is spending the winter in Thailand or Ecuador or I have no idea where.

They're both great.  I need them both.  Both of them piss me off from time to time and both of them hit the nail on the head, too.  To say they come at things from different points of view would be the understatement of the year.  Sometimes I need to be reminded that I'm not relying enough on my Higher Power and sometimes I need to be told that I'm only human, that I need to give myself a break.

Guess which one says which?

No comments: