Sunday, December 30, 2012

From Me to Me, Naturally

Deep Thoughts, from me to me.

If I do exactly what I want to do then I shouldn't expect other people to necessarily be as enthusiastic about it as I am.  They may be but they also may be not.  This doesn't have very much to do with whether or not it's a good thing to do.  "A good thing to do" is a very subjective phrase.

If I bend someone else to my will and they're not thrilled about it, then I shouldn't look so surprised.  If I don't want to be so surprised, maybe I can find out what someone else wants to do before I try to make them do something else.

Don't bend someone else to my will and then pretend that I didn't know that I had my big bending tools out.  I know when I'm doing what I want to do and I know when I don't know what someone else wants to do.  This is all selfishness on my part.  The goal is to think of others before I think of myself.  It's no trick to think of myself first.

If someone I've bent isn't happy about it, don't make them feel uncomfortable about being unhappy about it.  However, this is a masterful trick of personality manipulation and part of me is pretty impressed at anyone that can do it.  If I behave in a selfish manner and I can make you feel uncomfortable about it then my spiritual sickness is in fine mettle, fine form.

"Being of service" is a tricky thing to do.

No comments: