Monday, January 30, 2012

Worry Redux

Worry: To feel distressed in the mind; be anxious, troubled, or uneasy.


Trust the process.  Very few things last forever and I'm not one of them and nothing I'm feeling at the moment is on that list, either.  Honestly, very few things last longer than an hour or so.


Here's my history.  Get bored and change something or change everything.  Hate the change, regret the change, second-guess the change.  Romanticize the thing before it changed and demonize the new thing.  Decide that the answer is more change.  Yeah, and I wonder why I had to drink to cope with the world.


That being said I do love change.  Change makes the world go round.


As I was worrying away yesterday I flashed back to some time in the past when I had been worrying about something that never came to pass, and I was overwhelmed for a minute by a sadness, a floating sense of loss, about how much of my life has been trashed by useless worry.  It has to be months and months.  I bet it has been years.

No comments: