Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dream On, Dream On

Dream:  To imagine as possible; fancy; suppose.


Dream on, dream on . . .


I like to dream every now and then.  This has changed in my sobriety from totally unrealistic dreams -- rock star, sports legend, Ferrari owner -- to totally implausible dreams.  But I've found out that dreams are free and mostly harmless, as long as I drift back into the reality of the real world from time to time, not always a sure bet in my case.  And I've also found that some of my implausible dreams come true.  I've had an interesting life and done some interesting things as the result of my flights of fancy.  This is a nice improvement over sitting in front of The Television, smoking weed and drinking beer, watching something that I wouldn't remember watching the next day.


I try to check in with friends and hoary heads of sobriety before I fly off to fast and far.  Sell all my possessions and try to replace Keith Richards -- not a good idea.  Save up some money and visit Vietnam -- might happen some day.

No comments: