Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Problem Persona

Problem:  A question, matter, situation, or person that is perplexing or difficult.


I've been a little too focused on The Problem here lately.  It might be the New Year and all the talk of resolutions, which I never make, far too aware of my ability to not follow through on anything that might be even slightly difficult.  I don't get too bent out of shape when I get Problem Centered anymore.  I think the ability to see problems is pretty common in human nature.  There must be something instinctual going on here: as in, "I don't have enough berries to eat tonight" or "That bear appears to be getting ready to eat me" or maybe "Man, is this cave a piece of shit."


I will say that alcoholics seem to have taken Problem Focusing into the next dimension.  We seem to have been  rocketed there by our problems.  I know that my nature is to say: "OK, what's wrong with this picture."  I can be looking at the Mona Lisa when I say this.  I don't like the frame or the museum is too cold or that guy talking next to me is a $#!! idiot and why won't he just shut up?


"If I focus on a problem, the problem increases; if I focus on the answer, the answer increases."

No comments: