Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm Better Than You

Today I'm going to allow my annoyance at life run wild.

I'm going to devote all of my energy to finding faults with everyone I come into contact with. You have faults. You know you do, and I'm going to uncover them. I don't care how good you are at hiding these faults behind a sunny smile and pleasant disposition. Deep down inside, you are a mass of writhing snakes and evil intentions. I can tell. You will be unable to resist the power of my X-ray vision.

I do this, of course, because I have no faults of my own. I can devote all of my thinking time to deconstruct where you have gone wrong. It really isn't that hard. I'm very good at it. Hard is looking inside myself to see what is rotten in there. That's scary. I would be happy if all I saw was a bunch of snakes. I have some serious monsters on the prowl in my neighborhood. They eat snakes like they're Pringles.

No comments: