Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue is a Color, Too

Depression: in psychology, an emotional condition, either normal or pathological, characterized by discouragement, a feeling of inadequacy, etc.


Boy, does that sound like someone I know. There was a picture of me, in color, with 3-D animation and links to a variety of personal web sites, posted next to the definition. You could push a little virtual button and hear short audio clips of me talking about some of my more memorable episodes of angst and fear. It's all about me. It's definitely all about me.


Depression is my best friend. We're like an old married couple that should have never gotten married. We stay together for the sake of the kids, who wish that we would go ahead and get divorced already, for God's sake. All we do is bitch at each other and bicker about the stupidest things, but we've been together for so long that we don't know how to end it. In fact, we kind of like the fact that we make each other so thoroughly miserable. We're so afraid of the unknown that we endure an incredible amount of misery.


Depression occurs when I want to feel sorry for myself. It happens when I beat myself with the club of anger that I'm too timid to use on my fellow man.

No comments: