Friday, July 11, 2008

I Declare My Annoyance

Complain: To express pain, dissatisfaction, etc.; to find fault; declare annoyance.

Today I'm going to complain. I'm going to let 'er rip and bitch about everything. I'm going to find fault wherever I can. It's not too hard, in this magnificently flawed world, to see that everything is broken and in decline, never to improve. I'm submerged in mediocrity, surrounded by fools and jesters who are just making things worse. Everyone is doing it wrong, from the most powerful government to the lowliest tech support worker manning the help desk.


I have a bad pair of glasses. They magnify the problem and blur the solution. I'm obsessed with the problem. I'm mesmerized by failure. I can spot the flaw at a hundred paces in a driving rainstorm in the blackest night, while I'm in a coma. I can take perfection and chop it to bits. I can see the speck in your eye.

This is easier than working on my own defects.

No comments: