Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pleasure

Today I vow to spend all of my energy on pursuing personal pleasure. If it feels good, I'm going to do it. I don't care about the long term consequences. I don't care about the short term consequences. I don't care about any consequences at all. And while I am going to expound at length on the selfish striving for personal comfort, you may infer that this does not preclude avoidance of all discomfort. You should assume that lack of pain is the crucial first step on the road to constant pleasure.

It is of no interest to me if my efforts to feel good turn out to be harmful or injurious to another person. If you somehow stand in the way of my headlong rush to pleasure, you should expect to feel the wrath of Khan. In fact, it may work out that I can selfishly use someone else to feel better about myself. I don't have any moral qualms about throwing someone under the bus. It's all about me, after all.


There is a mythical Nirvana somewhere. Shangri-La does exist. The Fountain of Youth is at an adults only club on the outskirts of Little Rock, Arkansas. If I can only manage everybody and everything to my exact specifications, I will feel fantastic all of the time.

Dude. Seriously, dude.

No comments: