Friday, May 30, 2008

Horseface Steve, Legend

Today I am going to restrict my activities to those that bring me great fame. I can think of no better way to express my humility. I am available to deliver the keynote address at the final meeting of any international recovery convention. I would be happy to oversee the disbursement of millions of dollars of charitable funds, as long as everyone knows I'm in charge. I can positively effect the lives of impressionable young children with tales of wisdom and insight. In a not too distant future, thousands of people will sigh wistfully and say: "Do you remember when Horseface Steve came and spoke to us? That changed my life forever."

I doubt that I will have time today for small acts of kindness. I'm too important for that. I don't have time to think of others. I'm too busy wielding power. People like me aren't expected to greet newcomers at meetings or show up early to make coffee. It would be a tragic waste of the world's resources to restrict my energies to doing the little things. I'm simply destined for greatness.

The problem is that sometimes I believe this crap.

No comments: