Thursday, April 14, 2016

You HAVE To Be Thinking About Me

I caught up with my sister this morning.  You know what?  She wasn't thinking about me.  For a guy who's main bit of advice is "No one is thinking about you" I have a lot of trouble with the concept.   A variation of this wisdom even came up at yesterday's meeting where we reminded each other that people aren't doing things to you, they're just doing things.  

I was convinced for the longest time that there was a diabolical, highly orchestrated system to frustrate me when I was driving - radio-controlled cars moving and dancing in a beautiful ballet whose sole function was to frustrate my forward progress on the road, to make it as vexing as possible.  

You know that guy who cut you off this morning?  Not.  Thinking.  About.  You.  I guarantee it.  The person who speaks too long at a meeting?  Not.  Thinking.  About.  You.

I have always found it weird that for a guy who doesn't spend much time thinking about anyone but himself I believe that everyone is thinking about me. 

No comments: