Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cold Eggs and Toast

I started to send some messages to the people who were closest to my dad right after his death.  For a moment - a moment only - I was sort of situation appropriate.  You know, someone just died so try not to be a sarcastic schmuck appropriate.

I told my sister to be careful, not to rush over.  Then I reminded her that dad was "with mom now, probably complaining that the eggs aren't hot enough."

It went like that for a while, to a variety of people on a variety of topics relating to dad.  Then I got busy.  Like right away.  I'm terrible at sitting and waiting - I like to have concrete tasks to accomplish.  My mind started to click immediately with who to call, where to go, what to do.

To thine own self be true.  I don't think anyone was surprised at how I behaved.

No comments: