Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Calm Waiting

Vigorous: Physically strong and active.

Any action is easier than calm waiting.  Guys especially - alcoholic guys absolutely - want to do something, anything, instead of waiting and watching.  If I'm not involved in some vigorous action i feel like I'm failing. 

Maybe the action for me is being here.  Dad is pretty out of it this morning, at one point asking for birdseed so he could feed the birds, at another if I'd pop open a beer for him.  I've been reading prayers to him out of a book that his pastor left - these seem to help him but are definitely freaking me out.  He chimes in with a weak "Amen."  

I couldn't even get him to take a drink by pulling on a straw.  I did notice later, however, that he was able to clearly enunciated the word "Percocet."  I also noted that he was able to swallow a mashed up pill and drink half a glass of water to get it down.

Tangerine - orange - banana - apple.


No comments: