Monday, April 18, 2016

Old Friends

As is my practice I have checked in with several people concerning the dad scenario.  I find that I've gone back to those guys who have known me a long time because I believe the knowledge of me - and me with my family - accumulated over the years, is very helpful here.  But I've also spoken with both men and women who I've come to know over the last few years, and I've received counsel and information that has also been very helpful.

What I've gotten, generally, is support and a little, teensy bit of vague advice.  Mostly people have listened and encouraged me to follow my heart, to pray, to try and fit myself to be of maximum service to others.  These situations don't lend themselves to easy solutions and pat answers - you've got to kind of wing it and hope for the best.  It's like I'm driving on ice and the car starts to slip - there's only so much that can be done.  You steer into the slide or away from it - whichever is the right way to steer - and hope for the best.

This is as it should be.  I don't know what's best for you and you don't know what's best for me.

No comments: