Thursday, April 28, 2016

Seaweed: Barge Toter

Nature:  The innate characteristics of a thing; what something will tend by it own constitution, to be or do.
Nurture: The act of nursing or nourishing; tender care.

One of the benefits of my presence here in The Old City - maybe the only benefit - is that I've been able to give my sister a break from the mechanical, functional, practical stuff that has to be done - packing up things, calling people who need to be called, hefting crates, toting barges, swabbing decks.  I do think that women, generally speaking, are a little better than men at attending those who need attention.  My sister is a mother and I marvel at how she interacts with my dad - he definitely brightens up, becomes more animated when she's around.  I know that part of this is because she's been with him frequently over the last six months and I haven't.  I'm glad that my presence has freed her up to simply sit with him.

While I'm careful not to oversimplify The Program has taught me to keep things simple.

No comments: