Saturday, January 3, 2015

Project - A Jutting Out

Projection:  The ability to look into the future and see all of the terrible, awful, really horrible things that are going to happen to one with absolute certainty and omniscient clarity.  (Ed. Note: I totally made this one up - the real definition is something about a forecast or prognosis obtained by extrapolation, another word I had to look up and then I finally said fuck it, this isn't getting across the Fellowship definition which is imagining that all of the terrible things that have never happened to me are, in fact, going to happen this time).

Getting close to trip time which means getting all worked up about nothing.  A tempest in a teapot.  A fart in a skillet.  Someday I'm going to look into the future and see wonderful dreams coming true.  I don't believe this is going to happen anytime soon, however.  I have a well-developed and truly innate ability to imagine the worst.  I do think that there's a human tendency to kind of get wrapped around the axle about big adventures that isn't restricted to alcoholics.  I'd be curious to know what the evolutionary reason for this might be

We have, to be sure, managed to elevate it to an art form.

No comments: