Saturday, January 17, 2015

Off the Ledge Talk

On the morning after my anxiety attack SuperK and I sat and talked quietly. I don't think I was too rattled at that point - shit happens - but i was not at 100% either. It was nice to sit and talk about the anxiety. I didn't want to overdo how I was feeling but I didn't want to pretend it didn't happen, either. I felt better after we talked. To alcoholics sharing their experience, strength, and hope. I would have preferred to have a friend or sponsor to talk to - my wife isn't my support group and she shouldn't be - but it wasn't absolutely necessary.

Then at breakfast I abandoned her to get some food while she sat next to a very, very nice Indian woman who was talking to her a mile a minute about god knows what. We are very tall and very pale and of great interest to a great number of locals. Groups of young men will file past while we are touring, their heads swiveling to keep us in sight as they go past. 

 I'M the exotic here.

No comments: