Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peevish Seaweed

Some more time spent with people who push all of my buttons until they break, then install new, evil buttons so that they can continue their button-pushing ways.  It reminds me of the rats-on-cocaine experiment; the one where a rat is give a dose of coke when it pushes a button.  Once it learns this fact it pushes the button to get more blow so many times it breaks the button.  The rat, alas, cannot install a new button, lacking opposable thumbs.

Sometimes - especially with family and friends - we can't flush a relationship.  We can't just walk away, as attractive as that might be.  We need to learn lessons of . . . well, I'm not far enough along in my emotional growth to have learned any lessons at all in these cases.  I still react peevishly and then feel bad about myself later.

It's a thing that I do.

No comments: