Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kinetic

Happiness really IS overrated.  I think that I confuse happiness with excitement.  When I get all worked up about something then I think I'm happy, so I'm always hunting for the next adventure.

Restless, irritable, and discontented.  I know I'm restless.  That's part of the alcoholism equation - we're restless people.  We're people who are on the move - the average meeting that I go to feels like a big wad of repressed kinetic energy, boiling, percolating, waiting to be unleashed.  When I put my cat on my lap - and my cat HATES to be held - she sits there quietly, without struggling, but I know that every fiber of her being is waiting for me to release the slightest bit of pressure.  She explodes off of my lap.  That's me.  I deserve that cat.  I'm ready to go, too.

I'm not as irritable as I used to be but that's faint praise.  I'm not irritable until I get irritated which happens with alarming frequency.  It's the people thing.  People who aren't me strain every fiber of my tolerance to the breaking point.  Why can't they do what I want them to do?  Without asking?


No comments: