Monday, July 29, 2024

Political Cap Lady

Per usual a good night's sleep solves most problems.  Per usual my tendency as a Type A, overly confident, supremely self-righteous, first-born male child is to Act Immediately!  Fix the Problem!!  Did I mention Fix the Problem Immediately?

I'm sure that all of this will work itself out without my pushing buttons and pulling levers.  I'm sure the group will handle it and I'm almost certain it will happen in a way of which I disapprove.  This will irritate me a little because it will work out and it won't be my idea and won't be done in a manner that I'll suggest.

Here's probably what's going to happen: the woman will stop attending, maybe immediately, maybe over a period of time.  She made her point and if she keeps emphasizing her point then she's going to become alienated from most of the group members.  No child is going to keep playing with a friend who's always in a bad mood.  Maybe she'll change, too, although that seems unlikely at this juncture in time.  I have considered her a friend and have made an effort - like I do with most of our new members - to make her feel welcome and included, but no more.  I don't want to talk to her.  I don't like dealing with angry, vindictive people although she would take exception to that characterization.   Go be angry somewhere else with someone else.  I have enough trouble dealing with negative feelings without hanging with someone who's aggressively negative.  If I talk to her I'll say exactly that in a calm and detached way because I'm not angry anymore.

If you don't like ice cream quit eating ice cream.  If you don't enjoy negativity don't hang out with a negative person.

Here's the Cherokee Lady again:  "If we were to stop and analyze the past and what lies ahead, we would know that if anything is required of us, it is to be flexible.  Not flexible in seeing everything one color, one ideal, one belief - but bending without breaking, able to see the chaos and not fall down under it.  However far we move in any direction we must get it back together, we must bond with the law of our own spiritual being - which is to love others as we love ourselves."

And another: "It must be an ego-building thing to believe that someone is trying to offend us.  It makes us think we are more important than we are.  It is painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the temptation."


No comments: