Monday, January 16, 2017

Tiny Needles

I had a follow-up appointment for the surgery that was inflicted upon my legs a couple of months back.  You know - the surgery where I declined the medication without talking to anyone in recovery before going in for the surgery that hurt like a sumbitch?  That surgery?  The one where I really wished I had taken the medication?

I understood that round two was going to be much less extensive than round one.  This means pain but not for such an extended period of time.  Nonetheless, I really was up in the air about the medication this time.  I'm one of those people that can't look when I'm getting a flu shot or having my blood drawn, procedures where tiny little needles are used.  Most of the time I can barely feel the thing going in and I still want to vomit.  The leg surgery uses needles roughly the size of a World War Two bazooka.  You can feel them going in, oh, yeah.

They did not offer the medication this time, solving the ethical question for me, and it still hurt like hell.

No comments: