Saturday, May 7, 2016

Couple of Letters Later

Because I'm so quick to find fault and so loath to see the good in the world I wrote both to the retirement community where my parents lived - I shared this letter a few days ago - and also to the funeral director that handled my father's body.  We were hesitant about having an open casket at this wake because the last few years were so hard on his body and were thrilled that his body was so well prepared.  (Ed.  Note: I had a LOT of trouble with the words there having no experience with the linguistics of corpse preparation - everything sounded like a pot roast was being assembled with a side of vegetables and a good, thick gravy).

The response from the managing director of the retirement home . . . 

Dear Seaweed,

Thank you so much for this wonderful email, I cannot wait to share with my team!  I agree I could not be more proud of Team Seasons at all levels of care, they are an amazing group of people.  Both your mom and dad were so much fun and thank you for allowing us to be part of their life.  

Wishing you both peace and happiness.
Sincerely,

Russ

And the one from the funeral director . . . 

Thank you for your compliments. You have no idea how much that means to me.  It also means a great deal to me for people to be able to see someone prior to their being buried, so I like to make that happen whenever I can.

If there is anything more you may need from me, please let me know.

Warm regards,
Jane


It's really actually not that hard to be nice.  I should try it more often.

No comments: