Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Little Something

I'm cruising along pretty nicely here, to be honest about it and, surprisingly enough.  The fact that my father was pretty miserable and lonely, trapped in a painful, broken body, and ready to go, to all appearances, is probably making it easier on me.  And being there as he was dying I believe has made a big difference.  And seeing his body moments after the moment of death has helped, too.  And seeing his straightened, relaxed form in the casket was big, even though I was a little perplexed by this part of the grieving process.  It was unexpected.  In her response to the gratitude letter that I sent the funeral director expressed relief that we had decided to proceed with an open-casket funeral, obviously of the opinion that it's a helpful, healthy part of the process of letting go.

That's all I go today.

No comments: