Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Are You Thinking About Me?

Patient:  Content to wait if necessary; not losing one's temper while waiting.

I can tell that my patience is shot as I go through this.  I'm not full of patience and tolerance on my best days and I find that I'm easily irritated at my family, my friends, The Old City, the weather, for chrissake.  All of these things are fine.  All of these things are rolling along.  I am not at the center of the anyone's world.  No one else is thinking about me.  I never thing about anyone else - why would I believe that they're thinking about me?  NO ONE is doing anything at me.

And my sister is doing a splendid job handling everything back here.  The problem once again is me and my expectations of what I should be doing to help, how my talents should be put to use, when mostly my sister wants me to simply stay with my father for two weeks so she doesn't have to worry about his day to day well-being.

I see.

No comments: