Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Taken to School by a Six Year Old

I put $2 in the basket at my meetings unless I'm in a bad mood - then I put in $1.  I'm showing somebody, I'm just not sure who.  The thing is I should be throwing in a twenty once a week.  Have you looked at the prices of alcohol lately?  Holy shit, a pack of smokes and a 12 pack is some serious money.

Our neighbors have a grandson who is about 6.  This kid worships the ground I walk on, for some reason - probably because we're about the same age emotionally.  His dad told me a story about the two of them running into a homeless guy outside a baseball stadium, and the boy asked if it would be OK to toss the homeless guy a couple of bucks - a couple of his own personal dollars.  Talk about an inspiration for me.  Talk about shaming my cheap ass.  Two dollars is a lot of money when you're 6.

People, places, things, money, all of this stuff grows in power when I let it take on an out-sized place in my life.  God, I LOVE this stuff, too.  I can't get enough of it even though it rarely makes me happy. 

No comments: