Friday, August 22, 2014

Calm Waiting

The longer I plug away at this the more convinced I become that waiting to make a decision is simultaneously one of the hardest and one of the simplest courses of action.  Someone once said: "All motion is easier than calm waiting."  The truth of the matter is when I slow down and let things unfold that answers appear, solutions present themselves, problems evaporate.  But I'm in such a hurry to rush headlong into the future that I don't give life a chance to play out.

Simple but not easy.

I can see that my plans for the trip are the best for everyone involved.  They really are.  If it's not me making the plans, who then?  You?  Please.  I position, I maneuver, I set up excellent, excellent plans, and very few people go along.  It's quite frustrating.

I gave up trying to force my family to help me out in a way that I think I should be helped out, and voila! solutions appeared to my left and to my right.  And after I calmed down I could see that people didn't want to do what I wanted them to do.  OK.  What exactly is the matter with that?  

Today a friend suggested to me that the answer is control!  more control!! take control!!!

A wise man, that guy.

No comments: