Thursday, August 7, 2014

Help! I Need Somebody!

Help: To provide assistance to (someone or something); to contribute in some way.

Here's me repeating some things I should have learned a long time ago . . . 

Whenever I find myself struggling - angry, frustrated, intolerant - I have taken back The Power.  I do not have The Power, I have never had The Power, yet I'm taking it back.

It is not help if I'm not doing something that someone wants done.  It is not helpful to help someone else as I think they should be helped.  I don't know where my car keys are - why do I think I can run somebody else's life?  I should concentrate my energies on not walking out in front of a truck.  That's about the extent of my talent.

As I prepare for my visit back to The Old City I find myself lining wondering why these people are going to ask me to do things that make no sense whatsoever when I could be solving all of their problems.  I can't believe how they want me to spend my time.  I can't believe they won't accommodate me during my visit as I want to be accommodated.  

No comments: