Thursday, October 18, 2012

Workin' For a A Livin'

Work:  To move, proceed, etc. slowly and with or as with difficulty.

I'm going to meet this weekend with the guy from the transitional meeting who doesn't have a Ferrari.  He says he wants to work The Steps.  He says he does.  I think most people believe that working The Steps doesn't actually involve any work.  I think this because when I suggest work that they can do they almost never do it.  It's a rarity, an oddity.  Usually I don't even get a phone call after I pass out a work assignment.  When I was getting sober and people gave me work to do that I said I was going to do but knew I wasn't going to think about doing, I didn't call back, either.

I thought that working The Steps was going to be some kind of visitation or haunting or possession.  Nobody told me it was going to involve reading and writing and going to meetings which frankly sounded like a lot of work that I didn't want to do.

So, Mr. No Ferrari calls.  He did the work.  I think I like this guy.

No comments: