Sunday, October 21, 2012

Spooky

Relax:  To make looser, or less firm or tense.
Struggle:  To contend or fight violently with an opponent.

"We relax and take it easy.  We don't struggle."

I did not have a relationship with relaxation when I was drinking.  I was firm and tense.  I was all tensed up.  I was a bundle, a ball of firm tension.  My tension was well-developed, buff and toned, ready to take on all comers.  I equated the release and eventual oblivion of alcohol as relaxation.  Alcohol was my Yes Man.  I was not very smart.

Surprise:  To cause to wonder or to be amazed or astonished because unexpected, unusual, etc.; astound.

"We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while."

The right answers were not answers with which I was familiar.  I was always surprised when I actually made a good decision.  I was one of those people who should have kept my mouth shut when I had an urge to speak.  Conversely, when I felt that no action was required all kinds of alarm bells and warning klaxons and strobe lights should have been activated.  

My sponsor put it this way: "Seaweed, do the exact opposite of whatever your instincts tell you to do.  You're going to come out better in the long run, in the short run, and in all of the intermediate distances, such as the 440 yard relay." 

Inspiration:  A divine influence upon human beings, resulting in writing, or in action.

"Nevertheless, we find that our thinking will, as time passes, be more and more on the plane of inspiration."

We will know what to do.  We will make the right decisions as a normal course of action, even when these decisions - especially when these decisions - do not seem to be in our best interests, sometimes bringing discomfort into our lives or denying ourselves things that we desire.  We'll take an action that works out well for everyone in the big picture, and we'll think: "Good god, where did that come from?"

Spooky shit.




No comments: