Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole

Rabbit Hole:  : A bizarre or difficult state or situation (Alice enters the Wonderland by going down a rabbit hole).

I sit quietly with my own thoughts.  If you think this sounds easy, try it some time.  It's not that easy.  My thoughts aren't always pleasant.  I don't know why this is so and I don't try to figure it out anymore.  I don't know if it's my make-up or my upbringing or it's my alcoholism.  I don't spend any time trying to figure out why I have legs and how I learned to work them properly, either; I take all of that on faith. It's not something I'm ever going to be able to completely understand.  It isn't always logical.  

My brain goes this way and that way and down every fucking little rabbit hole I can find.  It just does this.  It makes no sense most of the time but nothing makes a lot of sense to me.  I look at the thoughts as they come and go.  They can't hurt me.  They're just thoughts.  They're not real.  If I get attacked and mauled by a bunch of thoughts I'll be sure to post it IMMEDIATELY on this site.  We'll really have something going on.

I wonder why Alice went into a rabbit hole anyway?  I guess I should re-read the book.  I personally wouldn't go down a rabbit hole.  There might be some especially large rabbits down there.  

No comments: