Thursday, December 2, 2010

Problems of Prosperity

I've probably mentioned that I have had my house for sale.  It's been on the market for like a hundred thousand years.  Recently we had decided that we were getting tired of having strangers gawk at our stuff and tell us that our price was "too high" or that they "didn't like radiator heat."  I'm not sure why someone who didn't like radiator heat would come and look at a house with radiator heat.  It's clearly listed as having radiator heat.  It's not like we said we had passive solar heating or a forced air convection heat pump, then surprised them with a different heating system.  Personally I wouldn't waste my time looking at a house that had a feature I didn't like.

"Yes, I'd like to test drive one of your SUVs, please."
"Certainly, sir, what type of SUV are you looking for?"
"Oh, I hate SUVs.  You couldn't give one to me."

No one said the house was priced too low. Curious.


So just when we've had enough we get an offer from someone who looked at the place once.  I can't buy a shirt without trying 87 different shirts on.  I have no clue about that kind of behavior.  That is way too adult for me.  The offer is slightly below the least amount of money we said we'd take.  The price we paid for the place was slightly above the maximum amount we said we'd pay.  Now we are waiting for the results of The Inspection, where somebody who gets paid to find problems comes through and finds problems, then charges to fix them.  It's a great system as long as you're the guy finding then fixing the problems.  It's not often great if you're the guy paying for fixing things right before you move somewhere else. 

Look, if I was going to pay to fix this stuff I would have done it when  I was still %$#!! living here.

No comments: