Friday, December 17, 2010

The Winds of Change

Perspective:  A proper evaluation with proportional importance given to the component parts.

As the great Winds of Change blow and buffet me I often wonder what the hell I'm doing.  I will never cease to be amazed at how uncomfortable I get when a plan I have sketched out and prepared for over many months starts to come together in a vague approximation of what I had envisioned.  I'm uneasy when Things I Want might happen.  I don't have a great track record of desiring things that are good for me or appropriate or reasonable.  My track record is me shouting:  "More Money!  More Power!!  More Sex!!!" 

I have been feasting on my treasured exchanges over a distance of many thousands of miles from Herr Luber, a man who has lived all over the world for relatively short periods of time.  Although he happens to be an Earth Person I value his advice tremendously when it comes to Great Uprootings.  People who are turned outward look for advice.  There are a lot of smart people out there with great ideas and different perspectives and experience that can help us form our own great ideas.

The great Winds of Change seem to be sweeping me toward a long distance relocation.  It's exciting and it's frightening.  The reasons to stay where I am are melting in the summer sun and the doorways to someplace else are opening wide.  That's what I see through my dirty, old, broken rose-colored glasses.  That's why I'm keeping that phone on fire.  I need to hear from other people.  I need these friends to tell me when I'm drifting off into Never Never Land.

I never seem to know.

No comments: