Wednesday, December 8, 2010

King of the Chumps

Chump:  A stupid or silly person; blockhead; fool.

Boy, would things be easier if I could predict the future.  Accurately predict the future.  I can't seem to get past that.

It's very easy for me to swing wildly between extremes.  If I sell my house now and the market goes up, then I'm a chump.  If I don't sell my house now and the market goes down then I'm a chump.  If I don't quit talking about my house and all of the problems I have not getting as much money as humanly possible out of my house then I'm going to be the King of the Chumps.  Not just a Chump of Earl like I am now.  I try to be grateful that I'm not doing this under duress.  I think this is stressful?  What must it be like for someone who has lost their job or is behind on their payments.  I'm irritated; that's stressful.

I like to assign bad motives to other people, too.  The buyers are trying to screw me.  Screw me, Horseface Steve, personally.  They are not, of course, thinking about me except to probably imagine that I'm trying to screw them.   People are trying to protect their own interests is all.

Bob Newhart had this advice for people who were all caught up in their head about something: "Stop it."

No comments: