Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Holidays (play spooky music)

Ah, yes, The Holidays.  I like to remind people that this is the time of the year when there are the most suicides, except for the fact it isn't true.  However, when it fits my narrative to lie I'm not averse to the practice.  As someone Great once said: "I never lie unless it's absolutely necessary." 

Amen, Brother.

It does seem like everything is magnified this time of the year.  There is great potential, fraught with great peril.  There is the tendency to try to pack a whole lot of everything into a awfully short period of time.  It can be great and it can turn out otherwise.

I was with my birth family today -- a perfectly lovely bunch of people -- thinking how much more I would be enjoying myself if I were hanging out with the motley crew of guys that show up at my 7AM meeting.  It just seems so much more real there.

No comments: