Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Mouse . . . Is Real

Another saddish day here in The New City, soon to be the Last City.  Honestly, I'm starting to lose track of where I am, exactly.  I feel invisible some of the time, like I'm not Making A Difference.  I know this isn't the case but I enjoy feeling sorry for myself.  Most of us have a tendency to take others for granted.  I do it to you and you do it to me.  I don't mean to do it but I'm just so wrapped up in myself that I can't help it.

My buddy with 50 years was called on to speak this morning.  He passed with this bon mot: "I've been talking to myself in my own head so much that I'm sick of hearing from me."

A guy I know from the meeting stopped his car this morning, yelled out how much he's going to miss me.  Another guy - scary looking dude- never heard him share, came over after the meeting and said how much he has enjoyed what I've had to say.  I don't know his name.  This stuff meant a lot to me.  I never know when I'm making a difference.

I spoke on the phone tonight to Little Westside Johnny who reminded me how nice it's going to be once I land in Vacation City.  I needed to hear that.  I've been spending way too much time concentrating on what I'm going to miss and the stress of the move.  I forget to be happy.

The mouse does not exist.
The mouse does not exist.
The mouse does not exist.

No comments: