Thursday, August 29, 2013

More Whining From Seaweed

I made three calls yesterday: my sister, my mother, and Little Westside Johnny, a guy I've irritated probably more than anyone else on earth, and I got one return call.  I'll give you one guess as to who picked up the phone.  Don't you love this program?  Doesn't family drive you insane?  My mother did call back today . . .  to give me the details of her latest foray into the medical profession while not mentioning a word about my trip.  And I purposely timed the visit so that I'd be home during a county fair held annually in my parent's home town that they've almost never missed in the last 80 years or so.  I said I'd be happy to drive them the two hours so that they could attend.  I've got good money that says they don't go.
 
I'm just trying to be of service.  I'm trying not to criticize, to assume I know what's best for everyone else, but goddang it's hard when someone else really IS behaving worse than me, as rare as that may be. 
 

No comments: