Monday, August 12, 2013

The Gloaming

Gloaming:  Twilight.

Off into the gloaming we go.  I didn't know what gloaming was until I looked it up.  It's the time right before everything goes completely black.  Perhaps I should leave earlier in the day.

Remember:  It's always the darkest right before everything goes completely black.

There's always some buyer's remorse when I'm facing Big Changes.  I look around at what I'm going to miss and wonder why I didn't appreciate it more.  I look into the future and imagine it won't work out.  I have euphoric recall about everything.  I'm not the only one who does it - I've had more invitations to coffee in the last two weeks than I've had in the last six months.  I marvel at how I take things for granted: people, places, and things.

Still.  Onward and Something-ward.  Change drives me nuts but I'm compelled by it.  Looking forward big time to the adventure.

No comments: