Monday, April 1, 2013

Wheeeeee!!

SuperK and I have made a decision to move from The New City to Vacation Town.  We're a little embarrassed about it frankly - "new" is in The "New" City for a reason after all.  As a guy who  is totally addicted to change I have to be careful when I want to change things.  I have to subject my desires to a rigorous analysis to make sure that I'm not flailing around for the sake of flailing around, as pleasant as that may be.  I'm the guy halfway down the first, biggest, most thrilling hill of the baddest roller coaster in town thinking: "God, I am SO bored."  Making matters worse, I can often draw SuperK into my wildly flailing mosh pit of conflicting and ill-conceived desires by the sheer force of my enthusiasm.

Making a decision to move is kind of like making a decision to turn my life and my will over to the care of a higher power.  It doesn't mean I'm already doing it or close to doing it or may ever do it - it means that I've decided to do it.  I have to remember that.

I'm not a huge fan of settling for something.  I'm not great at making do or making the best of something.  This is a blessing and a curse.  I have to be careful that I'm not being restless for the sake of being restless - it's a fool's errand to constantly look for the next great thing, the next best thing, the next big hill on the roller coaster.  By the same token, I don't want to be the dude sitting in the motionless roller coaster, at night, in the rain, holding my arms up in the air, yelling "Wheeeee!"

No comments: