Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Seaweed - Philosopher

Philosophy:  A discipline that seeks truth through reasoning rather than empiricism.

When people ask me what I "do" I tell them that I'm a philosopher.  It quashes any further questions.  It chills the interest.

I like the fact that when I'm doing what I believe to be god's will that I feel fairly calm, even when I'm in the midst of a lot of activity.  I try to start my day with a little chat with god, along the lines of "this is what I'm going to be doing today or trying to do - if you have something else in mind maybe you can let me know" and then I get cracking.  If I don't hit any brick walls whilst traveling at a high rate of speed, then I figure I'm doing god's will.  Simple as that.

SuperK's morning reading was about change and how intimidating it can be, that sometimes we stay someplace uncomfortable or even harmful because the change is too daunting.  I know that I usually think that change is going to be for the worse.  This after 25+ years of trying this way of life - I still think that god is going to drop me on my head just for the hell of it, ignoring the fact that god hasn't dropped me on my head yet.  Not once.

If you've never been to a bad meeting you've not been to enough meetings.  I heard a guy last night say this: "If someone asks me to sponsor them I tell them call me in 30 days.  If they're still sober, I say call me in another 30 days.  If I get that call I tell them 30 days more.  At that point I'll start working with them.  I'm too  busy and new people are too frustrating."

I'm glad I wasn't asked to share my opinion on that bullshit.

No comments: