Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Scathed

Unscathed: Not scathed; uninjured.


I had one of those weird disconnects from everything yesterday: god, people, The Program.  It happens sometimes.  It feels like somebody flicks a switch and I'm out there all by myself, cut off from the world.  I can see everyone else but I can't make the connection.  Usually I can put my finger on something that's bugging me and try to do something about it.  Yesterday was one of those days when I was half a beat slow all day.


I hang in there when this happens.  I don't try to figure everything out anymore.  OK, I try to figure everything out still but I know it isn't always going to happen.  This goes back to my expectation that I can make it through life anxiety free, which isn't happening, either.  Today I have some nice anxiety free times but it's ridiculous to expect I'm going to skate through unscathed.  I'm going to get scathed but good every now and then.

No comments: