Saturday, June 18, 2011

Expectorations

Expect: To look for as due, proper, or necessary: as, some parents expect too much from their children.


The poor New City is groaning under the weight of all my expectations at the moment.  Man, can I heap expectations on just about anything.  There is no better way to be disappointed than to bury anything or anyone under a fucking mountain of expectations.


I like the definition of this word.  We think things are due to us.  We think they're necessary.  It's just and right and proper that things work out exactly the way I think they should.  It's no wonder I failed at all of my relationships and jobs in the past.  No one or no thing could withstand the pressure of all my expectations.


I like the phrase "Take it Easy."  I don't like doing the phrase "Take it Easy" but I like the theoretical concept.  I like hearing about how other people "Take it Easy."  Maybe some day I should ask them how they do it.


Naaaah.

No comments: