Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sensitive: Easily offended, disturbed, shocked, irritated, etc., as by the actions of others; high-strung, tense, and touchy.

The definition of this word sounds vaguely like the profile in my high school yearbook, where I was voted "Most Likely to Become a Heroin Addict." Little did those people know -- probably because I skulked in a corner, wearing shades and a trench coat, repelling all personal contact -- that I'm afraid of needles. I proved them wrong. I did manage, however, to get addicted to everything else that is remotely bad for you. I guess my classmates saw the handwriting on the wall, which wasn't that hard to do since I used five foot high block letters scrawled in my own blood.

I have developed a moderately thick skin in my recovery. But it's not all that thick and can be easily pierced with the weirdest, stupidest, most inconsequential things. As a real hard-ass, bad-ass kind of guy I'm too embarrassed to reveal the things that get my goat today, and I don't even have a goat, and I wouldn't care if you took it if I did have one. What do I want a goat for? I would think it's illegal to keep goats inside the city limits. It would be just my luck to get arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior with a goat.

Don't let the little stuff get to you.



No comments: