Friday, September 6, 2024

Past Dreams

If you live in a past dream, you don't enjoy what is happening right now because you will always wish it to be different than it is.  We don't need to know or prove anything.  Just to be, to take risks and enjoy your life, is all that matters."

"We can't always do what pleases us.  There will surely be some necessary work that does not excite us."

Before I go to bed each night I brush my teeth, I floss my teeth, and I use a water pik on my teeth.  I don't enjoy any of it.  I'm important and it's a waste of my important time.  "Can't someone else do this?" is another important Homer Simpson-ism but my dental hygienist reminds me that "the payoff is you get to keep your teeth" which is a pretty good payoff in the panoply of payoffs.

"Constant motion seems more important than waiting.  Much depends on whether our waiting is a pause before going on, or an intertia that puts us in a trance."

No comments: